The PEAR Sports app for the Samsung Gear S2/S3 allows you to utilize the Gear heart monitor, control and view the app from your wrist and complete a workout in stand-alone mode without your phone present. Check your calories, time, heart rate and distance by rotating the bezel, and simply tap the screen to stop or pause your workout.
To download the Gear app, search for PEAR Sports in the Gear store. Follow the instructions below to properly sync and use the apps together.
To get started, make sure to complete the following steps:
1. Pair your Gear with your Samsung phone using Samsung's instructions.
2. Download the PEAR for Samsung app to your phone from the Google Play or Samsung Galaxy Apps stores.
Note: You must have a compatible Samsung phone.
To sync the Gear heart monitor:
1. Wear the Gear snugly around your wrist.
2. Close the PEAR for Samsung app on your phone, if it is open.
3. Launch the PEAR app on the Gear. Then launch the PEAR for Samsung app on your phone.
4. Navigate to the main menu ☰ on the PEAR for Samsung app and selecting Connect Sensor. Tap the Gear so that a blue check mark appears. If you are having trouble connecting to the sensor, tap "Looking for Sensors" button.
5. Start a workout from the phone and allow the app to find the heart rate data. This may take as long as 10 seconds.
Note: Gear apps that periodically gather your heart rate may cause conflicts with the heart rate monitor connection with PEAR. Be sure to close/disable these apps and disable the Auto HR setting in S Health.