1. Turn on the Bluetooth option in your phone's settings.
2. Put on your heart monitor according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you are using a PEAR heart monitor, follow these steps:
- Moisten the electrode portions of the strap with water or electrode gel.
- Place the strap around your chest, secure with the hook, then snap the sensor in place so it is at the center of your chest. If you are using a model without a hook, secure the strap by snapping the sensor to both ends of the strap.
- Make sure the strap is snug but comfortable. The electrodes should be wet and in close contact with your skin.
3. Tap the menu icon ☰, then tap Connect Sensors.
Your heart monitor should appear in the list of devices. Tap it so it shows as "Connected."
4. You will now see your heart rate in the top center of the home screen. You’re ready to get training! We recommend starting with the Calibration Workout (Set Your Heart Zones), which can be accessed from the My Workouts list.
Now that your HRM is paired with the PEAR Sports app, allow 5-8 seconds for your HRM to register and connect every subsequent time you open the app. Be sure to wear the device in order for it to register. You should see your heart rate on the top center of the Home screen.
Using a Gear S2? Check out our Gear FAQs.
Using an Apple Watch? Review our Apple watch FAQs.
Wondering if your heart monitor is compatible? Learn about Compatible Heart Monitors.
To learn more about how heart rate training can help you reach your fitness goals, check out this collection of articles on Heart Rate Zone Training.